+



(autobiology)



7.7.07

two truths.

What is the difference between seeing connections and making them? I feel as though I've fallen into some strange universe where coincidences no longer exist.

But here are two poems.



In a field
I am the absence
of field.
This is
always the case.

Wherever I am
I am what is missing.
When I walk
I part the air
and always
the air moves in
to fill the spaces
where my body's been.

We all have reasons
for moving.
I move
to keep things whole.

- M. Strand


&


There are times when I can't move.

I feel roots of mine everywhere,
as though all things were born of me,
or as though I were born of all things.

All I can do then is to stay still
with eyes open like two faces
at the moment of birth,
with a small amount of love in one hand
and something cold in the other.

And all I can give someone passing by me
is that motionless absence
that has roots in him too.

- R. Juarroz


posted by Siona |


« Home | momento mori. » //-->


|


 © (autobiology) 2005