+



(autobiology)



2.6.06

coups.

Every so often, I run into a small group of Jehovah's Witnesses, traveling by bicycle around my town knocking on doors and doing their Jehovah's Witnessing thing. I've found myself thinking of what a potentially wonderful practice that would be -- that is, to visit the houses of total strangers with the sole intent of engaging in some sort of spiritual conversation. Of course, the conversion angle makes me somewhat less-than-interested in the JW approach, but what would it be like to do the same as mere 'Witnesses,' traveling your community to just witness the beliefs of others?

I think it would be incredible to go door-to-door, asking whether you could take a few minutes of the person's time merely to talk to them a little to find out about what their own sprituality consisted of . . . with no agenda other that the mere process of dialogue.

I'd like to think I'd be brave enough to try this at some point. I'd love to think about what sort of seeds might be planted.


posted by Siona |


« Home | morte. » //-->


|


 © (autobiology) 2005